- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 25m
Submitted by Matt Jackson
(West Covina Fire Department)
- 2 cups frozen potatoes O’ Brien (you can purchase a package at your local store frozen section)
- 1 jalapeno chopped (you can seed it if you like it mild, leave the seeds in if you like it spicy)
- 1 can Sun Vista Brand Pinto Beans
- 1 cup chorizo
- ½ cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 strips of bacon
- 1 fresh avocado cubed
- 6 eggs
- 6 extra large flour tortillas
- 1 bottle of your favorite taco sauce or salsa
In a frying pan, fry up your chorizo. You will want to cook this until it is about half done.
In a separate sauce pan, begin to heat up your beans. Once the chorizo is half done, pour it into the sauce pan with the bean. Let this continue to heat at a low temp stirring frequently
In the same pan that you were cooking the chorizo, fry up your bacon. Once the bacon is done, let it cool and then crumble it into small pieces and set aside.
Pour out all but ¼ cup of the drippings from the frying pan and add your potatoes and jalapeno. Sauté the potatoes in the bacon grease until they are done. They should be golden brown and crispy. Remove the potatoes and set aside.
Pour out all of the remaining grease from the frying pan but leave whatever drippings are still clinging to the pan. Scramble your eggs in the pan.
Remove the beans from the heat and mash up to the consistency that you prefer.
In a clean frying pan, heat each of your tortillas by placing them on the ungreased pan over medium heat. Let each side heat for 15-30 seconds.
Each burrito should have a scoop of eggs, scoop of beans, pinch of both types of cheese, pinch of bacon, a few cubes of avocado, all rolled up in the tortilla.
Serve with your favorite taco sauce or salsa.