Shawn’s Famous Pasta Salad2013-06-02
- Servings : 5
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 20m
Submitted by Shawn Jackson
(San Diego, CA)
- 1 lb Cellentani pasta cooked al dente(slightly undercooked), drained, rinsed to chill (I like to use Barilla Cellentani pasta)
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1 small yellow pepper, diced
- 1/2 lb mozzarella cheese, cut in small cubes (more or less cheese is fine here depending on taste. personally I vote more!)
- 1 can green olives, rough chopped (you can use others, but my favorite is the kind that is just in salt water without vinegar. anyway, a nice mild olive is good here)
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups other marinated stuff, rough chopped (i just go to the olive bar thing at my market and pick what looks good. a marinated sweet/spicy pepper is perfect. also good is an "Italian mix" of marinated carrots, peppers, olives, cauliflower, etc)
- 1 cup mayo (I use Best Foods Lite blue jar)
- 1 bunch basil, de-stemed, finely chopped
- 1 good sized garlic clove, very finely minced
- 2 tbsp red or white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- lots of black pepper
- a pinch or two of salt
After the pasta has been cooked and chilled, mix all of the ingredients to the salad and just let it hang out for about 30 minutes or so while you do other things. This will allow for the flavors to kind of meld together.
Now, mix in the dressing and put the salad in the fridge and allow it to chill for a couple of hours.
I’m pretty sure you will think this is the best pasta salad you have ever had!